It’s that wonderful time of the year!
After working hard to fill your Balikbayan Box from the start of the year until this season, we’re sure that you’re all excited to send your Christmas Package to the Philippines. According to statistics, there are 2.3 million OFWs scattered around the globe and every year, they send their “padala” to the family.
THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT IS LOVE
We have written numerous articles for you about the latest information on Balikbayan Boxes. These include the New BOC ID Rules On Tax-Free Balikbayan Box Privilege (CMO No. 18-2018), to save on money, and perhaps avoid trouble with the law; or maybe, you were unable to make it in time to send gifts for your “gradweyts,” it’s never too late to send it together this Christmas.
As we all know, by culture, Filipinos have the longest Christmas season in the world. From the first ‘ber” month in September, we already have decorations put up and jingles playing everywhere we go. Families with loved ones overseas are connected through balikbayan boxes carrying more than just “pasalubong” but also their love and affection.
With that said, this season marks the busiest time of the year for forwarding services and here at Metro Box Cargo, it’s always our passion to ensure that your package is delivered early or just in time for the festivities.
WHY TIMING IS SO IMPORTANT
If you haven’t read it already, we shared why you should send your Christmas Package to the Philippines as early as possible and to summarize, we gave these top 5 reasons for you to take note of:
- Dodge The Season Rush – This time of year attracts a lot of customers queueing long lines that may cause delays and inconveniences for you to join at the same time.
- Reduce Waiting Time – Cargo by sea takes more time compared to the online shopping that we’re so used to doing now. So if you want your package to make it on time, give yourself an allowance of at least 2 months.
- Consider Shelf Life – In the case that you want to give toiletries, food and other products that are better consumed fresh, consider sending your package at a better time frame to not affect the product quality.
- Less Stress – As OFWs, you still continue to work long hours for your remittance and shopping for the family, but the earlier you can send your package the less you have to think about. That way, you can also enjoy your own holiday celebration overseas.
- Avoid Lost Boxes – The amount of packages during the rush can be overwhelming that often times, there are unfortunate and unprecedented incidents where boxes can become misplaced. We’ve shared the steps to take, but it’s always better safe than sorry.
The best time to deliver would be after you have completed this short checklist to make sure that your processing will be smooth and free from any delays:
- Check that your items are not prohibited (Part 1 and 2)
- Pack your box
- Address your package according to the requirements
- Choose a reliable forwarder
- Specify your service and submit required documents
- Pay all the corresponding fees
- Ship your package
Regardless, we still accept packages for delivery before and after this holiday season. Contact us at Metro Box Cargo to learn more about cut-off dates. We now provide forwarding services to the whole Bay Area – San Francisco Peninsula, Eastbay, Southbay, Northbay to Tracy, Stockton and Elk Grove and the Greater Los Angeles Area, Modesto to Merced area.
From the Metro Box Cargo family to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!